Mobile: 0418 571 589
Charles Stewart Western Victoria - Warrnambool
134 Fairy Street,
Warrnambool, VIC 3280
Phone: 03 5562 0620
Great Ocean Road, NIRRANDA SOUTH 3268
Dairy Farm, Livestock Property for sale
Great Ocean Road, NIRRANDA SOUTH VIC 3268
A Quality Property In A Quality Location
• Generational family owned and operated dairy farm in a very sought after and safely held location - 40km Warrnambool - 23km Timboon.
• Milking 350 high production Friesian cows on a fully self-contained basis.
• Substantial and very well maintained improvements - 3 homes, 40 unit rotary dairy, excellent machinery, workshop and calf shedding.
• An outstanding run of country - securely watered by bores in 850-900mm rainfall belt.
A rare opportunity to acquire a quality rural asset in a renowned location.
For Sale as A Whole or in 2 Lots
Lot 1: 560 Acres / 226Ha
Lot 2: 150 Acres / 60.7Ha with 2nd home, yards & shedding
Listing Details - 2709 Great Ocean Road, Nirranda South:
710 Acres / 287.30Ha or thereabouts – As a whole or in 2 Lots
Lot 1: 560 Acres/226Ha
Lot 2: 150 Acres/60.70Ha with second home, yards and shedding
2709 Great Ocean Road, Nirranda South
Nullawarre 6km, Warrnambool 40km, Timboon 23km, Terang 32km, Port Campbell 21km, Melbourne 250km
Postal services and newspapers at gate 5 days per week. Weekly garbage collection.
Approximately 6 titles – unused Callaghans Road used for laneway purposes.
Three bedroom red brick home set in neat and attractive garden surrounds, conveniently situated at the end of the drive off the Great Ocean Road. Built by Dwyer in the early 1980’s with a tiled roof features an open plan kitchen/dining area opening onto a formal lounge, family bathroom complex includes separate bath and shower rooms and a toilet with a separate poweder room. A further shower and toilet is located in the garage. The home is heated by a diesel driven floor heating in the kitchen/dining area and a reverse cycle air conditioning unit. Kitchen features a large pantry, breakfast bar and electric cooking appliances. Large laundry with drying cupboard. Double garage with remote access. The main home is conveniently situated close to the dairy and working area.
Situated 2km from main home on Lot 2 (150 acres with farming improvements and cattle handling facilities). Second home is a period Hardiplank 3 or 4 bedroom home with historic features including tongue and groove lining boards and 10ft ceilings. All electric kitchen with dining area. Separate lounge. Home heated by reverse cycle air conditioning unit. Family bathroom with separate shower and bath and laundry.
Currently occupied by staff this is a 2 bedroom weatherboard home situated 1km south of the main home and dairy on a separate 100 acre title. Kitchen/living area with open fire place and family bathroom.
• 40 unit rotary dairy, approximately 25 years old and regularly serviced and maintained. 12,500L Westfalia vat and milking plant. 3 phase power connected with 90 KVA back-up generator which can easily power house if required. Auto feed system with 2 storage silos (90 & 33 Tons), feeder and mineral silo with new disc mill. 400 cow yard. AI race and crush conveniently situated at rotary exit. 2 effluent ponds. B-Double tanker and livestock access.
• Excellent shedding includes a very large 3 sided machinery shed (80’x40’), steel and galvanized iron construction with gravel base.
o Includes a fully enclosed timber and galvanized iron lockable machinery shed/workshop. 3 phase power connected and 60% of shed has concrete floor.
o Includes a purpose built calf shed of galvanized iron and steel construction with 120 head capacity but can vary.
o Other sundry shedding on main farm all conveniently situated around dairy which surrounds are all graveled, other than a machinery storage shed of galvanized iron and timber construction (40’x25’) with 50% concrete floor which is located adjacent to the third home.
Lot 2 Farming Improvements:
• Large fully enclosed galvanized and timber construction (75’x30’) machinery shed with power connected and 40% concrete floor.
o 25’x60’ 2 sided hayshed with galvanized iron and timber construction.
o Unequipped brick veneer dairy, power connected for electric fencing and submersible pump with steel cattleyards adjacent with drenching race, crush and semi all year round access.
• 2 submersible pumps at dairy and home around 120’ deep pumping into a 10,000G concrete tank and pressurized to all paddocks on main famr via 2” poly piping to 1,000G troughs. Sub pumps also supply house and dairy.
• A submersible pump on Lot 2 supplies a 5000G tank pumping under pressure via 2” poly pipes to cattle troughs.
• A 4th sub pump at 3rd home pumps to 5000G poly tank to 2” poly piping.
• Additionally there are 7 or 8 unequipped bores, some on mills.
• Abundant freshwater
- 35,000 gallons at dairy
- 17,000 gallons at main home
- 10,000 gallons at 2nd home
- 5,000 gallons at 3rd home
The milking platform comprises of 27 main paddocks, one of which is 18.3Ha but average approximately 75
Property Summary »
- Listing Type: Dairy Farm, Livestock Property
- Land Area: 710 acr
- Rooms: 5
- Bedrooms: 3
- Bathrooms: 1
- Garage Spaces: 2
- Total Parking Spaces: 2