Phone: 03 6235 1451
Mobile: 0407 805 624
Phone: 03 6235 1451
Mobile: 0409 936 643
Roberts Western Junction
418 Evandale Rd,
Western Junction, TAS 7212
Phone: 03 6391 6522
63 Merriworth Road, TEA TREE 7017
Rural/Farm/Acreage for sale
63 Merriworth Road, TEA TREE TAS 7017
Premuim Tasmanian Vineyard
Third Child Vineyard in the Tea Tree valley has had much of the hard work done so the next Owner may reap the rewards. This boutique vineyard produces a premium product that is gaining a reputation and this could be capitalised upon in the years to come as the property has the ability to nearly double the area planted to vines.
So many vineyards these days are very sterile (almost factory setups), however Third Child retains a wonderful earthy character about it. This character could be further expressed by maybe building a tasting room and visitors centre by Strathallen Rivulet (STCA), to which the property has a long frontage.
The late 19th century house has beautiful polished floor boards and is lined in Baltic pine. It would make a wonderful home base to run the vineyard, or would give a great feel to a tasting room set up to showcase the wine.
This property would suit anyone wishing to take advantage of the premium name Tasmania is making in the wine-making world. It would make an excellent return on investment simply run as it is, or conversely you could really drive the existing business on to the next level by expanding.
Please visit the vineyard website (thirdchildvineyard) to get a greater appreciation of this quirky and unique business, but some of the more salient points on the property are:
- High surety vineyard irrigation water supplied by Tas Water
- Average yield over the last 4 years is 4,000 litres Pinot and 1,500 litres Riesling
- Forecast yield this harvest of 6 tonnes Pinot and 3 tonnes of Riesling
- Bird netting used to cover to vines is included in the purchase price
- 7 hectares of rich river flat that could create another income stream to the business
Often thought of but rarely available - don't miss this unique opportunity.
Property Summary »
- Listing Type: Rural/Farm/Acreage
- Land Area: 19.82 ha
- Highlight Feature: Polished Timber Floors
- Highlight Feature: Terrace/Balcony
- Bedrooms: 3
- Bathrooms: 1